What is Involved?
In a reiki level 1 attunement, students are attuned to three different symbols, each representing a different aspect of reiki energy: power, mental/emotional balance and distance healing. Each student receives attunements to these 3 symbols four separate times, and with each repetition the connection deepens.
The feeling of a reiki attunement is a personal one, but students often report that they feel a lightening of their body and tingling from their head to their toes as the reiki energy pathways are opened.
The opening of an attunement has the effect of enhancing other energetic healing and channelling pathways, and students report that receiving an attunement causes increased intuitive awareness, and enhances any innate psychic sensitivity.
How Do You Prepare for an Attunement?
How you prepare for a reiki attunement depends on your own personal spiritual practice. Opening an energetic pathway is no light matter, and while it’s not strictly necessary to do anything in order to prepare to receive a reiki attunement, most students choose to reconnect with their own spiritual practice before their attunement, to heighten the overall effects of the attunement and maximise its transformative power.
One recommended plan for preparing for a reiki attunement involves a 3-day cleanse before your attunement. Avoid eating heavy foods, limit or eliminate caffeine, sugar, tobacco or alcohol. Spend your time reading or meditating rather than watching TV. Make a conscious effort to release negative emotions, such as anger or jealousy.
All of these preparations will help you be more ready to accept the spiritual transformation and encourage the attunement to have profound, long-term impacts on your life and wellbeing.
A Reiki attunement has three primary benefits
Firstly it paves the way for the student being attuned to undergo a powerful spiritual transformation that lasts for the rest of their lives. Being attuned means that one is baptised with cosmic Divine energy that can literally change lives for the better. The Reiki initiation opens a practitioner to receive and channel more universal energy, which allows them greater connection to Source as well as their Higher Selves (Inner Spirit). As we connect with Spirit more and more, we remember the reality of who we are – Spiritual beings having a human experience – it is here where we begin to experience true miracles in our lives.
The second benefit is that once attuned, an individual immediately becomes a Reiki practitioner. This means that they now have the ability to heal themselves using Reiki. Self-healing can be practiced daily to allow Universal energy to permeate all levels of being – leading to a calmer, vibrant and more fulfilling life. Physical pains can be self-healed as well as emotional and mental turbulence that we often feel in our lives.
The third benefit, of course, is the ability to offer others the wonderful gift of a Reiki treatment session. Giving Reiki sessions not only help to heal and balance a recipient but also wonderfully healing the practitioner whilst he/she gives the healing. Many Reiki practitioners choose not to pursue professional engagement and enjoy wonderful lives with the ability to self-heal and to heal others if they choose. And of course, many choose to professional engage in Reiki treatment to learn deeper healing techniques (as with Reiki II and Reiki III: Master Teacher Training).
- Receiving a healing session from your Reiki Master
- Learn about the history of Reiki & the chakra system
- Four Reiki attunements throughout the day by your Reiki Master Learning to use your newly opened-hands for healing on others in the workshop
- How to conduct a self healing
- How to offer a treatment to close friends and family.
- Taught the various body positions that are more conducive to Reiki energy as well as all the necessary information required by Reiki I.
- You will learn hands-on as well as hands-off techniques. This diversity of healing allows the Reiki practitioner to then improvise and innovate with their healing when they leave.
- Practice giving a treatment
- Certificate in Reiki I, recognised by the UK Reiki Federation
- Reiki Manual – detailing sacred information, hand placements and techniques to bring Reiki into your life.
- One to One Reiki Session with Reiki Master
- A full day of healing
- Experience and practice at offering a Reiki treatment